I had started to worry that something was wrong with the Cr-48. Pages weren't loading well, dragging like I had not seen in the few weeks I have been using it. As if a dark energy had it in it's grip.
I had been following the posts of so many as they reported, one after one that their new Google Profiles were linked to their accounts. I half wondered whether the Cloud could handle the load. All those charged bits and particles bouncing around the net-scape couldn't be doing that equipment up on the local water-tower any good either. The wet sky outside was as dark as my net-book, and just about as revealing. The wi-fi bar-graph faded.
A few calls on the cell-phone told me that I and my local co-op connection weren't unique in our isolation. Another call to the local tech ( he was at home on his couch ) confirmed a dozen complaints, and then he took my number and kicked the problem up to a higher level. It wasn't a long wait.
A faint flicker on the Cr-48 screen, a tap on the pad and I was up again! I spent a frantic half-hour reading reports of several hundred Google Buzz Contacts reporting their much anticipated profile updates. And I have to say I've never had a faster connection. Not on Saturday Night, under a wet sky. Never.
I get a sensation that there has been some huge renewal of polarity in the Cloud above me. Folks were so excited on-line, I don't think any noticed.
