A recent update in Cr-48 Dev ( channel ) crashed my net-book completely. Being unable to recover, I switched to the Cr-48 Dev ( Mode ). Still without recovery image, updates are going to be a hazard. If the net-book crashes again I will not likely be able to recover until I can write a proper image.
I had attempted to enter Dev ( mode ) when I first received the Cr-48, but failed at the point where I was supposed to wait ( about a minute ) patiently while it prepared itself to change over. I remained in the Beta mode and switched to Dev ( channel ) where the crash occurred. I waited patiently tonight while the net-book entered Dev ( mode ) with no apparent problems.
This is the opening page it looks very much like the greetings I first saw several weeks ago;
More than anything else, this has been a crisis in confidence. I had not wanted to leave the seemingly safe confines of the initial Beta mode. Being forcefully evicted from that safety zone demands that I find a way to write that recovery image as soon as possible. Then, that image can serve as my new nanny, as I reluctantly explore the potential of Cr-48 Dev ( mode ).
I could have enjoyed Beta for a long while, because this UI is just so comfortable, intuitive fast.
The problem at hand, I can't write the image with the Windows machine that is available. One solution would be to use a friend's machine that will run this OS. There are other more daring solutions, but for now I will move one step at a time.
While working on a solution to this problem on a machine running Windows, it was obvious that the Chrome OS is far superior to Windows in every respect that I deem important. I had forgotten how clumsy that system's UI is. Frustration and the fear of being stuck in Windows forever was my motivation to take a leap of faith, to flip the little switch.
