Thanks to Jay Lee, I was able to create a recovery drive with my Cr-48. His directions are to the point and easy to understand. So if you have been unable to download the image, go to his blog ( link above ) and give it a try!
You'll need a 4gb USB or SD card ( I used a USB );
After the zip file is downloaded, you'll be prompted to unpack it, and copy to your USB or SD card. Your Cr-48 will walk you through the steps. Don't forget to delete the 1.2gb temp file after you've copied the image!
Having a back-up image makes a world of difference. Until now, I've dreaded every update that Google sends my way. The most recent update rendered my net-book practically inoperative and required me to flip from Beta to Dev mode every time I shut down.
I should say that a recovery image can be created easily on a Mac, and with a little difficulty on a Windows OS. I spent several weeks asking everyone I knew if they had a Mac and couldn't find even one person. And I did try multiple times to download on my Toshiba lap-top, but failed miserably.
Thanks Jay!